The “SmartRoad” software was designed to work with road radars and has functionality that covers the following:
- Collection, storage and transfer of Road traffic (Intensity) in detection area(s);
- Convenient web interface for configuring and displaying specified Radar parameters;
- Integration with third party systems using modern protocols, JSON, REST API;
- The ability to deploy “SmartRoad” on industrial and embedded PC’s;
- The ability to deploy on Linux/Unix platforms;
- “SmartRoad” provides reduced integration time of the detectors with third party solutions and systems.
Subsystem for measuring the intensity of traffic flows
The main functions of the subsystem is the monitoring of the parameters of the traffic flows and the collection of information about events. It includes following:
- Receiving information from traffic flow detectors;
- Analysis of information from traffic flow detectors;
- Data recording in the System database;
- Preparation of traffic parameters for visualization of the road situation on the road map.
- Monitoring of traffic flow parameters is carried out based on the following initial data:
- Data on the intensity of traffic flow in the lanes;
- Data on the speed of traffic flow in the lanes;
- Data on the number of vehicles in the lanes; Average speed of a vehicle;
- Vehicle classification.
The initial data is automatically obtained by the subsystem from the traffic flow detectors installed on the road.Based on the data on the parameters of the traffic flow and its distribution over the lanes, the subsystem calculates the parameters of the traffic flow for each section of the road.
Incident Management Subsystem
The incident management subsystem was designed to register detected incidents on the road that affect normal traffic flow and require action to regulate traffic and inform drivers.
The incident management subsystem was designed to perform the following functions:
- Immediate receipt of information about the detected incident in automatic and manual modes;
- Verification of the information received, binding to the location of the detected incident;
- Incident classification;
- Placing incident information in the System database and initiating control
- Issuing a command to display the incident from the corresponding video camera or from the video cameras closest to the location of the incident (depending on the capabilities of the video surveillance system);
- Monitoring of the relevance of incidents;
- Configuration of the classification of incidents;
- Recording of your actions and incident information in the system log.
The incident registration subsystem records information about the detected incident in the database and initiates the procedure for analyzing the traffic situation on the section of the road on which the incident occurred. The subsystem operates in an automated mode and coordinates incidents with the user. The subsystem can be switched to the fully automatic mode by changing the System settings. The subsystem also has a mode that allows the user to manually change the classification of the detected incident(s), before initiating the analysis of the traffic situation on a specific section of the road.
Manual incident handling:
- Operators enter the information about the incidents when they are detected
- type of incident;
- location - direction of travel and kilometer or the number of the nearest lighting pole;
- the lanes affected by the incident;
- additional information about the incident;
- Verification of the information received and linking it to a geographical location;
- Incident classification;
-Saving of the operational and historical information about the incident in the database;
- Initiating control actions for traffic regulation and informing drivers and road services of interest;
- Issuing of commands to the video surveillance system to output the image from the camera to the operator's workstation or video wall, according to which the incident was detected;
- Linking video clips of the incident from video camera(s) closest to the location of the incident. The video clip in this case is marked for long-term storage;
- Tracking the end of incidents;
- Registration of all actions made by an operator on incident management in the system log;
- Informing the operator of the need to confirm a probable incident which was recorded automatically.
Subsystem of initial analysis of the received data from traffic detectors
This subsystem was designed to detect deviations and errors in the received data from transport detectors in real time. The subsystem conducts an automated check to make sure that the vehicle detector settings that were made are correct. The subsystem is implemented using artificial intelligence algorithms and self- learning systems.
Examples of the parameters to be checked:
- Check the number of data packets for a period of time.
- Check for time
- Check the number of packets with empty intensity and / or speed values. Check the intensity values based on theoretical dependencies.
- Check the speed values based on theoretical dependencies.
- Check for online data.
- Statistical data quality check (confidence intervals, noise, etc.).
- Detection of deviations and errors in the data obtained from traffic detectors;
- Identification of deviations in the configuration of traffic detectors;
- Formation of tasks for administrators to carry out work;
- Collection and storage of the settings and calibration data of the traffic detectors;
- Data transfer to adjacent subsystems.
Subsystem for reporting preparation
The reporting preparation subsystem is designed to receive various customized representations of data on various subsystems.
- Formation of reporting forms based on selected filters, setting up the presentation;
- Uploading reporting forms in various formats (Excel, PDF, Charts)